Wednesday, May 19, 2010

May 19th


Drew was home from the hospital last week because of the mucousitis. His 4th round of chemo had to be delayed a week to give his body time and his counts time to come up a little more. Even though it put us a little behind schedule, we were thankful because it gave Drew a little break. He had more than 2 weeks between rounds this last time. During that time Mom took all the kids to the beach down in Melbourne. Surprisingly, we were able to find a spot that wasn't so people-filled. The kids had a great time playing in the water, and I think it was wonderful for Drew. I know it was wonderful for Mom:-)

He was admitted on the 17th for the 5-day round. Today is the 3rd day of this round, and so far, God be praised, no adverse side effects. He has been able to eat and drink. Hailey stayed the 1st night, Daddy the 2nd, and tonight is my night. I am so thankful to be able to spend this time with Drew. I know what he is going through is difficult, and I am just grateful to the Lord for the family that He's given us.

Drew was able to begin his online Spanish class last week and has been able to do some of that work here in the hospital. He's second-guessing his excitement over having a computer in his room;-)

Today is also a special day for our family as it is my husband and my 23rd anniversary. What a gift to have such a precious husband---God's man and a Godly man. And, all of the silver and gold in the world couldn't buy the joy in my heart today.

Thank you for taking the time to read about Drew's progress and our family's journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment